Cedar Ridge Elementary - Kim Strom, Counselor
体育投注注册Counselor Kim Strom has been named the Cedar Ridge Teacher of the year for 2019-2020.
“Even from my youth, I have had a desire and a sense of purpose in helping people,” Strom said. “As a school counselor, there are so many situations where reaching out to students and families is prime. My position is so diversified in that I have the opportunity to interact with individual and small groups of children, parents and families, staff, PTA, and community members. I also am privileged to go multiple times into all of the regular classes to teach lessons that help promote good character, anti-bullying and safety.”
Strom likes to teach lessons that will influence students all of their lives, such as, The Seven Habits of Happy Kids. “The information provides applicable and pertinent life skills. The students can engage in fun and playful activities and can acquire knowledge without even realizing they are learning. I enjoy sensing their excitement.
体育投注注册Strom started as the counselor for the “Advancing Children Toward Success” (A.C.T.S.) pilot program at Roy Clark Elementary in January of 2000. Later, she served as Briarglen’s counselor for five years. She is currently in her14th year as counselor at Cedar Ridge.
Strom’s education background:
• B.A. Degree in Psychology from Olivet Nazarene College
• Teaching Certification through course work at Azusa Pacific College
• M.S. Degree in Counseling Psychology from Northeastern State University
• 1-year certificate from Rhema Bible Training Center
• Course work through Plumbline Ministries
• Mandt Training Certificate through Union Public Schools
• Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED through the Red Cross