Union has consolidated secondary honors and gifted courses into the Advanced Placement (AP) program that follows academic guidelines established by the , a nation-wide organization that focuses on preparing students for college.
The goal of the Union Advanced Placement program is to strengthen curriculum and increase academic challenge for all students. Students are offered pre-AP courses in all core academic areas and are introduced to the essential academic skills necessary to prepare them for success in Advanced Placement and other challenging courses.
AP Testing 2020 Updates!!
AP 2020 Test Content Expectations
- AP exam will only include topics and skills most AP teachers and students have already covered in class by early March (approximately 75% of the course content). ()
- Colleges support this solution and are committed to ensuring that AP students receive the credit they have worked this year to earn. However, colleges may still have the expectation that students have been exposed to the remaining 25% of the content.
AP 2020 Test Format
- For the 2020 AP exam administration only, students can take a 45-minute online free-response exam at home.
- AP 2D Art, AP Computer Science Principles, and AP Seminar will be digital submission only. The submission deadline has been extended to May 26 at 10:59 pm CST.
- Course-specific AP exam information can be found at
- Test dates will be May 11 – 22 with make-up dates of June 1-5. The majority of AP exam conflicts have been eliminated with the new schedule.
- Any students who have been approved for testing accommodations will have those accommodations built into their specific exam link.
- Students will receive an email from College Board prior to each test date with specific exam access credential information.
- Students will be able to take these streamlined exams on any device they have access to—computer, tablet, or smartphone. Taking a photo of handwritten work and uploading will also be an option. Instructions and practice simulations will be available late-April.
- More information for students about the 2020 AP Exams can found at
- College Board is working on solutions to ensure that digital access is not a barrier for students to take AP exams. Any student needing help with access to a mobile device or internet connectivity needs to fill out the following form by April 24.
- Free, live AP review lessons, delivered by AP teachers are available on YouTube.
- Tutoring sessions will be recorded and available on-demand for students to access at any time.
- Sessions will focus on reviewing the skills and concepts from the first 75 percent of the course. There will also be some supplementary lessons including topics from the final 25% of the course.
Union's Advanced Placement program is recognized by colleges and universities across the nation. Learn more and visit the .